It’s that time of the year again, where the temperatures drop, the stars shine a little brighter, and somehow even surrounded with people, we often feel a little bit more removed and alone. What would Christmas feel like on the Moon?
Desolation, longing, quietude, and triumph. We’ve walked up there, on that big glowing orb. A Christmas up there would be lonely, but beautiful. The Earth shining in the distance like a glittering gift.
Here at Recspec HQ we like to have fun with the Christmas season, last year we visited Twin Peaks for the holidays, and this year we’re visiting space.
Starting with our own artificial stars…
…and paper folded constellations.
Astronaut Mary watches over us.
Don’t fret, Santa! You’ll find your way.
Yeehaw, Space Cowboy.
We also made a mix of songs to accompany the our December space travels. Listen here, or below.
- JFK – Because They Are Hard…
- Tangerine Dream – Beach Scene
- Oneohtrix Point Never – Boring Angel
- Connie Francis – Moonglow
- Lucrecia Dalt – Edgewise
- Eluvium – Indoor Swimming At The Space Station
- Charles Trenet – La Mer
- Tape – Beams Out
- Hoagy Carmichel – Star Dust
- Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata
- Daedelus – Bright Stars
- Dimlite – Sun-Sized Twinkles
- Tipsy – Nude on The Moon
- Pizzicato Five – Satellite Hour
- Connie Francis – Siboney
- Chad & Jeremy – Everyone’s Gone To The Moon
- Gyorgy Ligeti – Lux Aeterna
- Brian Eno – Stars
- Jean Michel Jarre – Oxygene 8
- JFK – On Which Man Has Ever
- John Maus – Hey Moon
Happy Holidays from us here, to you, from the moon. And happy stargazing.