Domain registration: namecheap.com
Social media to consider (not an exhaustive list):
- Instagram – best for visual brands
- Facebook – seeming to become less important to brands, but still good to have a presence. Generally, require a spend to reach audiences.
- Twitter – more of a place to interact with audiences and people doing similar work as you.
- Pinterest – a place to integrate your products, build an influencer-like following.
- Medium – a place for writers and bloggers.
Where to get a website:
- Squarespace – for you if you don’t have a big budget (to hire a web developer/designer) and want to get something up quickly.
- WordPress – capabilities to create a more custom experience and unique presence for your brand. Themes exist to make it easier, but hosting is required. We like WP Engine for hosting.
- Shopify – if you’re selling products online, Shopify is the best tool for the job.
Other things to consider:
- Direct email marketing is one of the best ways to reach your customers or audience directly. Consider creating a newsletter with Mailchimp.
- Struggling to find content / not able to hire a photographer yet? Not all stock photos suck. Check out Unsplash for free photos, or for affordable photos (and video), we like Stocksy.
- Google Fonts is a great resource for free, beautiful fonts, and most of them are available to download (plus many more) at Font Squirrel.
- Creative Market is a great resource for typography, graphics, and website themes, and much more.
Our branding questionnaire:
- Describe your products / services. What are your offerings, if any?
- What are your brand values?
- What is your mission statement?
- Who is your target audience?
- Who are your competitors, if any?
- What makes you unique?